Saturday, December 20, 2008

2008-12-20 Sale

Question: If you hold a pottery sale in the garage and nobody comes does it still make a sound?

Answer: Yes, mostly the sound of leaf blowers.

I don't know what I was thinking. It's less than a week (and the last weekend) before Christmas. People are busy doing whatever they're doing. (Seems like mostly leaf removal.) A lot of people have probably left town for the week, and most sane people have already finished their shopping. I was just so buoyed by the response I had last weekend with no postcards or emails (again, duh) that I thought this weekend would be better. Oh well, I need to start thinking about a spring sale when a young man's thoughts (and mine too) turn to pots.

Everyone who does come by loves my work, so I'm feeling good about that. Thank you, everyone for your kind words. They really do mean a lot to me.


All set up and ready to go at 9:00 am.,
10:00 am, 11:00 am, etc.






I think I've eaten too many Christmas cookies...

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

awesome display!!!-----I am thinking I need to bang together some plywood and get the paint and make a big sign saying 'pottery sale today' or something for my sale days....

jbf said...

I had some of those plastic signs that slide onto metal "H" frames made. (The ones like the real estate signs.) The same on both sides "Pottery Sale This Saturday" with an arrow. I will post a picture of one.