Sunday, April 19, 2009

2009-04-12 Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday was a much less hectic day than the previous two were, what with planning the party, having the party, and cleaning up the party.

Sunday has always been a family day with my in-laws. Even back when I was dating Karen I would be invited over for Sunday dinner and it was wonderful. Now whenever we are back to PA for Christmas or Easter, Scott sets a mighty fine table and we all break bread together. Stephanie and Meredith always ask if Uncle Scott is making a ham with mashed potatoes. He never lets them down.

My personal favorite are the candied yams. He uses my mother-in-law's recipe and they are always the first item on my plate. Man, is it Christmas yet?

Candied yams.
The stuff of legend.


Pop-pop takes a well deserved nap
in the sunshine.


Kids and video games. 'Nuff said.


Stephanie is a typical teenager and rests often.


This is the beautiful sun in Uncle Scott's bathroom.
It's HUGE, but great and I just had to share it.

No comments: