Thursday, August 5, 2010

2010-07-24 Saturday - Making

Been busy making lots of stuff and trying to ignore the heat in the studio.  It's been really hot down there in the evenings, but I'm not here to whine about it.

I am still working on a mug shape that I made last year, with varying success.  Sometimes you just stumble upon a shape and everyone says, "That's it, make more of those." and you're off to the races.  I'll keep at it until I can consistently turn out the shape I want.  Stay tuned.

Mugs that are almost there...


In 2002 I made some boxes like the ones pictured below and since then I've been saying I need to make more of those.  I've got some in the works right now and I'm (mostly) pleased with them.  Now on to glazing...

I used the one on the left as my template.
It was raku fired in 2002 and cracked contentedly.

.

No comments: