Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2010-08-13 Friday - Goodbye to the shore

Friday was the day we were leaving the shore.  It was a fun week, but always too short.  I got up early (5:45 am) to try and catch a sunrise and boy, did I.  It was a dramatic sunrise due to the clouds and while the sun wasn't really visible, it sure made an impression on the clouds.

I went out by myself to take some pictures and inadvertently locked myself out of the house.  I didn't realize I had done it until I tried to get back in after taking my pictures.  I couldn't get anyone to come let me in since they were all sleeping so I had a lie down on one of the chaise lounge chairs to wait for someone.  It was surprisingly chilly out there after about 30 minutes.  Luckily I heard somebody open the sliding door and I jumped up to find my wife's sister and brother, Eva and Scott.  They thought I had gone out to spend some quiet time on our last day.  Not really, but hey, I got back inside the house.


 Angry sunrise.

 A little closer.


Last sweep.
.
.

2 comments:

Max said...

Nature at its finest. Good shots.

jbf said...

Thanks!