Saturday, April 25, 2015

2015-04-17 - Friday - Sale

Friday night we had a good crowd of people attend the Clayworks Annual Spring Sale & Open House. There was a steady stream of people through the studio. I had lots of conversations about my process and several of my pots found new homes that night.

It's in no way a competition, but it gave me a good feeling when I was selling some of my work next to artists that I respect and admire. It made me feel more at ease in my new place at Clayworks.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the sale and thanks to all my friends at Clayworks who made me feel welcome.





Friday morning Karen asked me to slice an apple for her to take to work. I did and afterwards I noticed that the mark from the water on the paper towel looked remarkably like a face. I always try to keep my eyes open for interesting things and this one was not subtle.

Maybe a new face for a pot.



.

No comments: