Saturday, October 11, 2008

Something's fishy

Friday was definitely a "fishy" day. I met Joe for a great sushi lunch and some great company. Thanks Joe!



Friday evening I poached some salmon in milk with onions and dill, boiled some potatoes, and steamed broccoli and carrots. A good, filling meal. (I had some great company at dinner too.)

I'm glad we're eating more fish because Stephanie came home from chemistry class to inform me that we weren't getting enough iodine in our diet. I explained to her that we used iodized salt for just that reason. She said we needed to eat more fish and I couldn't agree more though I brought up the mercury concern and we discussed that too. I'm proud to say we had a good talk about something important to us.

Now, what to have for dinner on Saturday...

No comments: