Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oh yeah, I forgot these

On our recent trip to the mountains we found a nice roadside waterfall and a young couple preparing to take the plunge from the side of the hill. I decided to stay and see if I could catch them jumping into the water. It took a lot of coaxing on the young man's part to get his girlfriend to take the leap. Finally he jumped solo to show her it was safe. After that, she hesitantly joined him on the next jump.

Another "mature" person stopped to watch and we both agreed that sometimes it would nice to be young again.



The solo run.
You can see his friend standing on the ledge to the right.


Togetherness.

It reminded me of some of my childhood adventures at my friend's grandparents' home in the Catskill mountains in New York. We were always playing in the water or lighting things on fire. Hey, we were boys, ya' know.

No comments: