Thursday, May 13, 2010

2010-05-08 Saturday - Part 3: Home again, home again, jiggety jog

After my big Saturday I came home and checked on some of my plants (and pots).  I am trying to incorporate some of my pottery into the plantings in the yard.  I think they look good, and I like to be surrounded by it wherever I am around the house.

Remember this post about the final blow to the dogwood tree?  I said I remained hopeful, and it has apparently paid off for me.  There is tiny push of new growth on the maimed dogwood.  I remain guardedly hopeful.

Pots in the landscape.

The first attempt at a crackled pot.
(The bottom blew out in the bisque firing.)

Another pot that was rather heavy, but lovable.

More of those chartreuse hostas.

New ferns that look like they may or may not make it.

The witch hazel.

I really like these hostas.
Look at the form of it.

The injured dogwood.

But what's this on the top?

Yes! Nature strives to survive.

No comments: