Sunday, September 20, 2015

2015-09-14 - Monday - Pots and trees (on pots)

Saturday I was invited to throw some demo pots at the 11th Annual Potters Market International at the Mint Museum. I spent the day there but have no photos since I was totally immersed in the experience and not the documenting of it. Sorry, but I was having way too much fun to think about photos. I want to thank Hat Thompson and the crew for inviting me to participate.

I threw three pots at the demo and took them back to Clayworks.

Monday night I threw another pot and decided to carve some designs into the snorkel pot from last week. I took my sgraffito tool and started sketching trees on the side of the pot. Soon it was "a whole landscape gone to seed*".

Things may not always work out, but I do have fun in the making.


Three on left were made at the Potters Market Invitational.
Two on the right were made at Clayworks.

Detail of sgraffito.






.

No comments: