Saturday, September 5, 2015

2015-09-04 - Friday - Rain and prizes

Friday we had a short thundershower. It wasn't even enough water to wet the whole grill cover. I'm ready for a full rainy day as it's been a very dry summer.




Friday night I went to Mint Hill Arts for the Earth, Fire, & Water show. It's a wonderful show of water media (2D) and ceramics (3D). I have four pieces in the show and was honored to have one of my pieces named second place in the pottery category. Unfortunately, in the hub-bub I neglected to get photos of the whole room or the 2D art (which was beautiful!). There was quite a turnout and I was quite busy catching up with old friends.

I grabbed photos of the pottery winners and that's as far as I got. I need to go back and re-enjoy the 2D art again before the show comes down on September 25th. If you're in the area you need to check it out too.
Darren Lathan's 'Industrial Evolution'

My 'garlic pot'.

Katherine Griffin's 'Pit Fired Vessel #1'


.

No comments: