Saturday, May 16, 2009

2009-05-09 Saturday Barn Sale

Saturday was the barn sale and the weather co-operated nicely since there was a chance of thunderstorms and they didn't materialize. There was a wonderful display of everyone's work and it was beautiful. We are truly blessed with a lot of talented people in the Clay Matters Guild. I only got a chance to dash through the rest of the sale, so I don't have as many pictures as I normally would have taken.

I had the good fortune to be sharing a booth with Becky and Elaine. I couldn't have asked for better friends with which to share a space. We worked together and got along swimmingly --quite a feat in the withering heat. Thanks, you two!

I signed up for Andy Smith's workshop on June 6th and can't wait --it should be great since Andy is very creative and entertaining. I have enjoyed talking with him before at the ACC and Saturday I was amazed all over again.

I talked to Bob Hasselle again about running a barrel fire workshop. He gets some great results on his pit-fired pieces and a lot of us at Clayworks would love to learn some of his techniques. He has added some over-sized tea pots to his collection that I wish I had taken some pictures of since they were beautiful.

Unfortunately there is never enough time to see everyone you'd like to at the sale. There are several people I didn't get a chance to see. Hopefully I'll be seeing them at the meetings.

Ralph had quite a collection of work.
I never get to see his work all together at the studio.


Corine and Hal got a nice spot inside the barn.




More of Barbara's work.


Ron Philbeck was there.
(He left his apron home.)


Ro and Ju-Ian had a booth together.


My two booth-mates, Elaine and Becky.


Yours truly.


Elaine's art shot.
(That guy looks scary.)


"I'm not going to look at you."


"Oh, ok."
(Proof that I was not the only one holding the umbrella.)


3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

that is A LOT of fine pottery eh?

Amy said...

fun pics... I like Ron's expression. how I missed being there!

jbf said...

Gary-
You are correct. It's a very talented group.

Amy-
Ron's got quite a range. We missed you too.