Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2009-05-12 Tuesday at Clayworks

Tuesday night I went to the studio to finish up my shelf supports for displaying my pots on the table. It was a quick wax and a glaze dip or two or three.

I also found my first large pot in a sorry state. I had re-wedged the clay and re-thrown it after it collapsed the first time and apparently there was some air in the (very) thick bottom of it. Trapped air does not do well in the bisque kiln. Oh well, live and learn and on to other projects. It makes a great garden pot, so I will grow something inside it in the garden.


Shelf supports with mystic moss, ryoko cream, and/or white.


First really large pot
after bisquing.


Upside-down. Oops.


Julie was kind enough to leave me a note inside it.


Hiding in the pots...

Hiding in the pots.

No comments: