Sunday, November 6, 2016

2016-10-16 - Sunday - Charlotte Contemporary Show

Sunday I went to the Charlotte Contemporary Show. The number of talented artists and the level of their talent was amazing. That makes it even more heartbreaking to see the poor attendance. I equated this show to the level of the ACC show, but Jennifer McCurdy told me she thought this group of artists was a cut above the ACC shows.

Some of my friends and acquaintances were in the show. While it was nice to see them and have a chance to talk, I wish they had more customers. This could be a great show if they can just drive more people to it.

There were many different types of artists at the show, but as you can guess I spent my time with the clay people. I didn't even get to all of them, either. I met a few more potters whose works were new to me, and unfortunately for them they had time to discuss it.

Jeff Pender.

Akira Satake.

Timothy Sullivan.

Eric Knoche.



.

No comments: