Wednesday, October 19, 2016

2016-09-02 - Friday - Power out

Friday night we had a storm and the power went out. It's always a major inconvenience when you lose power and you never know how long it will be out, so we were feeling a bit gruff.

I went down to the main street to see what had happened. Apparently a tree came down on a three-way nexus of power lines and we were on one of those legs.

Watching the workers seem to take forever to get anything done didn't help my sour mood any. I stood across the street with my arms folded fuming, wondering when the lights would come back on.

It was during this rumination that I realized the reality of the situation: I was suffering what was actually a pretty minor inconvenience and these guys were risking their lives. They were the ones out in the rain in the dark in a cherry picker trying to cut limbs off power lines and then reconnecting them.

I couldn't watch TV.

Wow.

So, I did the only sensible thing: I went to Clayworks

...and the power was on when I came home.

Thanks guys!



.

No comments: