Monday, July 6, 2015

2015-06-03 - Wednesday - Car repair, sculpture, hazelnuts, and pots

Wednesday I had to take my car in to H & H Motor Co., Inc. for an oil change. While I was waiting I snapped a few photos of some metal sculptures created by Dean, the owner. I highly recommend H & H. They have been taking care of all of our cars for years now. I started going there when Dean's father, Gus owned it. Always a good job at a good price --and you get to check out all the cool sculptures. If you go, tell them I sent you.






Later, while letting Binkley out I checked on the hazelnuts and they are truly weighed down with nut clusters. It looks like it's going to be another abundant year for the deer as they always get them. They will wait, somewhat patiently, for the nuts to ripen and then strip the bushes in one night. I can't blame them, nuts are high-energy food and since they are american hazelnuts, they are pretty small.

It's just fun to watch something like hazelnuts grow and produce every year all by themselves. I like a low maintenance plant.

Potential energy.


Wednesday night I went to Clayworks and made some slippy pots and a two-piece snorkel pot. I'm not too sure about the one on the left, but I like the other two. We'll see, as always.



.

No comments: