Thursday, December 24, 2009

2009-12-22 Tuesday - Clayworks Glazing

Tuesday was glaze-a-thon night at Clayworks.

We started out with a smaller version of our holiday get together with Amy, Minke and Nick.  We had some snacks and sampled a Kentucky bourbon, chocolate, pecan pie.  It was delicious.  Thanks Amy!

After snacking Nick and I started glazing some pots.  Soon Greg showed up to join us.  We were talking and glazing, glazing and talking, and having a beverage or two.  Glazing always takes longer than planned (with or without talking and drinking).  We finally cleaned up and left a little after 1:00 am.



When I arrived the Christmas-light-decorated crane
was turned parallel to the roof of the building
and the moon was right at the end of the boom.
I wish I had my tripod so I could get a non-blurry picture of it.



The DELICIOUS pie.



Amy and Minke snacking with yours truly.



After applying the spotted shino I had to wait
for the pots to dry before the next layer.



Greg was regaling us with some great stories while painting pots.



Nick was in "Whisk-y Town" cleaning up the glaze on his latest planters.



"What?"

No comments: