Tuesday, June 7, 2016

2016-06-05 - Sunday - Mugs, Lilies, and Salmon

Sunday I finally put handles on my mugs. I've never made handles like this, but I've also never made mugs in this shape before. I think they go well together. Perhaps a bit clunky, but in a good way --I hope.




I planted this day lily in 2000 and the pot used to rest on our deck in a sunny spot. Since then we've had the deck removed and the screened porch built. The pot got moved out into the yard under a maple tree and didn't bloom last year. I was afraid it might not bloom again this year, but it's had eight flowers this season so it's found it's happy place.




In the evening I cooked a salmon filet in aluminum foil. It was pretty good and I'm sure we'll do it again in the future. You can find the recipe here.




.

No comments: