Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunday - Demo and trimming pots

Sunday the Carolina Claymatters Guild meeting hosted a great workshop from Keith Meyers.  He showed us how he makes his pottery.  Many of his pieces have a loose, flowing spiral design that really make the forms invite your touch.  He gave us a very engaging workshop explaining each of his steps and thoughts about the process.  He is currently teaching at the Cornelius Arts Center and I wish him continued success.

I hope he doesn't mind that I have purloined a couple of photos (below) from his website to whet your appetite.  Check out more of his work at his site.

After the workshop I went to Clayworks to (finally) trim some pots I made while demoing at the Spring sale.  They turned out pretty well, even after sitting around for ten days.

Art:  It's what's for dinner.


Michael introduces Kieth to the guild.

Keith throwing what will become a flask.

Flattening the flask.

Enthralled audience.



Greenware.

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

More greenware.




.

No comments: