Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday - Cabinets

Sunday I installed some cabinets to replace the single shelf that used to be over the washer and dryer.  Since we moved in we were afraid that the old shelf was going to collapse since it was bowed pretty badly.  Apparently our fears were unfounded since it took me more than two hours to remove it.  Between the array of painted-over screws holding it to the strip of wood underneath it, and the series of three inch toggle bolts holding the wood strip to the wall, I believe that shelf would have outlasted us.

Stephanie helped me by holding the cabinets while I screwed them to the studs and to each other.  At one point I was grunting as I pushed the corners together while driving the 2.5 inch screws.  Stephanie said I sounded like a tennis player which led to a case of the giggles.  I was instantly transported back to when I was helping my own father installing kitchen cabinets.  Even though my dad was working hard, we couldn't help but have a few laughs.  The cycle continues...




Next, painting the walls...

.

No comments: