Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010-01-23 Saturday

I went to Clayworks on Saturday to do a raku firing and make pots (go figure!).

I didn't get any pictures of the raku (hopefully someone else did).  I fired two pots and Becky did some horsehair birds, among others.  It was a good firing and it went pretty smoothly.

I threw some pots but forgot to take pictures of them again and put them away.  Doh!

Luckily I DID remember to take pictures of Chuck making one of his biggest pots yet.  He is taking Tomoo Kitamura's sculpture class and has thrown the bottom portion of this pot and is now adding coils and smoothing them as he goes.  I not only applaud Chuck's expertise, but his patience.  I don't have the diligence to stay on one piece that long.  This pot is going to be amazing.  I'll keep you posted.



Chuck adding the first coils to his thrown piece.



Further along the process (much later in the day).

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Wow, that pot is amazing, one of these days I'd like to try something that big, alas no room right now.

jbf said...

Wait until you see his plans for it. It's going to have a small neck.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

monstrous!