Monday, September 17, 2018

2018-02-27 - Tuesday - Josh Copus workshop, day 2

I wasn't planning on attending the second day of the Josh Copus workshop, but I couldn't resist going back.

Tuesday was more of the same high energy presentation with lots of fun stories thrown in --and pizza!

I want to thank Josh for the workshop, Denny Gerwin for the program at Queens and Molly Bloomer for heading up the art club and inviting me to the workshop.

Josh demonstrating decorating bricks.
(Molly is taking photos, top left.)

Denny manning the pizza oven.

Lots of goodies.

Denny's got the dough.

Josh is going strong with a new group of students.


That evening I went to Clayworks and made some larger Empty Bowls with cut rims. I'm planning on doing some slip transfer on the rims.



When I was leaving I noticed this tree out back. I'm not sure what kind it is; it could be a Bradford Pear volunteer, but it was striking in the artificial light.



I mean, just look at it.




.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

it's not bradford because the shape isn't correct, bradford have a vase shape and branches all grow up really close together, same with aristocrat pear, which grows tall but with branches growing up unless it's hybridized with another tree. is this taken this time of year? pears bloom in the early Spring as do most of the flowering trees, perhaps one got fooled by the weather, maybe a flowering cherry.