Friday, December 26, 2014

2014-11-27 - Thursday - Thanksgiving and Flood the Streets with Art

Thursday we enjoyed a family Thanksgiving with everyone at home for the day. Since I cooked a turkey, we did not attend the Charlotte Thanksgiving Day Parade as we have done in years past. That gave us more quiet time together, which was nice.

It was a good day with our daughters coming in from the NC mountains and Pennsylvania for the holiday. We laughed and ate a huge meal before crashing on the couch to watch some television. A classic American Thanksgiving.

On Thursday night I went out and placed some of my cups around town to celebrate Flood the Streets with Art.  A movement started by Scott Wong in Wisconsin that protests Black Friday and all the craziness that it entails.  Scott thought if we could leave random art around for people to take home for free it might make a difference in their holidays.

I picked some cups and spread them around south Charlotte under the cloak of night. It was very clandestine and I enjoyed the idea of random people finding my work and taking it home to use. I plan on doing more next year.


No comments: