Saturday, April 19, 2014

2014-04-16 - Wednesday - Baby trap and Son of glaze-a-thon II

Wednesday Stephanie came home for Easter break.  I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some tortillas for supper and saw this on a bench outside the store.  I think it is a baby trap.  See how the person who set it is trying to lure the baby with the footie PJs and the lollipop.  You never know what you're going to see on any given day...

In the evening I went to Clayworks to continue glazing in "Son of glaze-a-thon II".  I thought I would never get finished with all that glazing since it always takes three times longer than I plan.  Lots of layers on my pots these days.  On Tuesday I worked on it from 8:00 pm until almost midnight.  On Wednesday I worked on it from 7:30 pm to almost 1:00 am.  Nowadays it takes me a day or two to recover from all that standing on concrete floors.

I put two of the hand print pots on the salt kiln shelf so I am curious to see how they come through the fire (and salt).  The rest for the regular gas kiln should be loading on the 27th.  I want to fire one of the pots on it's side on some seashells and am planning on helping with the loading.

A baby trap.

Son of glaze-a-thon II



.

No comments: