Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 1 - Wednesday - Kiln firing, new pot, and a building story

Wednesday night in class I made another two-piece pot while Greg fired the kiln.  I watched him tweak the flue and gas pressure every hour or so to keep the temperature rising while keeping it in reduction.  That is an art and a science.



This was the flame licking out of the flue when he put it in a few minutes of heavy reduction near the end.  That flame was seeking oxygen all the way up the flue.  Quite impressive.




On the way home at around 2:15 I finally stopped to take a few photos of one of my favorite buildings.  I really like the way this building is lit at night.

While I was sitting there in my van shooting photos a police officer pulled up along side me to make sure everything was alright.  I assured him that I was ok and just stopped to snap a few photos because I like the building.  I'm sure I sounded like a nervous teenager because he caught me by surprise.  I had my eye glued to the camera and when I lowered it and he was suddenly there.





.

No comments: