Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 14 - Betty's birthday

Thursday we celebrated our friend Betty's 90th birthday at Clayworks with a surprise party at the potluck lunch.  There was a great turnout and everyone had their fill of delicious food with some leftovers that don't stand a chance.

These lunches are nice way to catch up with friends you may not have seen for a while.  For instance I am usually rattling around the studio at night but some folks only come during the day.  Special occasions like this bring us together for a little while.  There are always lots of hugs to share.

After lunch I found Mr. Herb Cohen quietly working in the back of the studio.  I was told he was going to be there working occasionally and it was a pleasure to visit with him for a moment.  It's an honor to have him in our studio and I can't wait to see what he makes.

I love the fact that Betty and Herb have been able to pursue their creative passions for so many years and I'm glad they're doing at Clayworks.



The birthday girl in plaid.

We had a great turnout.

Becky got her hair cut short!
I think it looks great.

Mr. Herb Cohen.


.

No comments: