Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 31 - More empty bowls

Tuesday it was back to throwing empty bowls.  Clayworks is committed to providing 300 bowls for the event and we just keep chugging.  I have a bunch of bowls awaiting glazing and a bunch more to make.  Several good things come out of this endeavor.  We help support the Second Harvest Food Bank, we get to refine our bowl-making skills, and we get to try out new glaze combinations.  It's a win/win/win.

I am enjoying throwing the bowls.  When I've finished, I trim the bottoms and using the existing clay, throw a foot ring which I smooth and burnish with my fingers.  I think it adds a more professional looking foot.

Bisqued bowls awaiting glaze.

Bowls I trimmed tonight.

Signature.
(One dot, then two dots means 2012.)


.

No comments: