Saturday, December 20, 2008

Friday night slipping

Friday night I met Greg at Clayworks to get some of my earthenware pots into his bisque kiln. I slipped some of them and did some sgraffito on some of them. I don't have pictures of all of them since I rushed to get some of them into the kiln before Greg closed the lid. I also learned the hard way what Ron, Doug, and Hannah talk about when pouring slip --it can make the pot really soft and start eroding it away. Lesson learned.

When I got there Nick was furiously working on his wonderful planters and he stayed way too late as he left with me (and we all know how late that can be).


Some slipped and sgraffitoed pots.


This would be a syrup warmer.
Could you tell?


The fish pot.

Earthmovers Incorporated...

... just a couple of pounds at a time.

2 comments:

Ron said...

oo, I like that pancake pot.

jbf said...

Thanks! I think I need some pancakes tomorrow morning.