Sunday I was clearing some leaves in the flower bed and thought I saw a bunch of acorn caps, but it turned out to be a type of birds nest fungus. It's all over the flower beds growing in the wood chip mulch. It's pretty darn cool. The mycelium, the part that grows under the ground attaches all of them together like a mat. I had to really work to break one off for closer examination.
I believe this to be a slime mold in another part of the flower bed --or it might just be mold, but it's awfully defined and contained to be a regular mold. I'll let the experts decide. Do you know any mold experts?
Sunday afternoon I helped load a bisque kiln.