Wednesday, December 7, 2016

2016-11-12 - Saturday - Potters of the Piedmont and Earth & Fire

Saturday was the fall Potters of the Piedmont sale in Greensboro. It was well-attended and as always, I enjoyed talking to, joking with, and explaining my process to the attendees. The day flew by and then I had to jump in the car and get back to Charlotte for the end of An Evening of Earth & Fire, Clayworks' annual fundraiser at Elder Gallery.



Not only were all the usual friends there, but Dave Timm was in from Michigan, and Rich Meredith came from Florida.

Dave is a long-time friend (notice I didn't say old!) from the infancy of Clayworks who is also one of my mentors. He always pushed me to try something new, to stretch, to reach. It was easy when watching him do it. He made it look easy, like, "why not try this?". I miss him, and his guidance and prodding. I also miss grabbing a plate of nachos with him at Lupie's on occasion.

Rich was a studio artist at Clayworks for a while when he was working in our area long-term. He is a great friend to many of us and of the studio. He's another one who makes it look easy and challenges you to follow him.


.

No comments: