Thursday, July 3, 2014

2014-07-02 - Wednesday - Proud papa

It's official:  both of our children made the dean's list!

Needless to say, I am one proud father.

My wife has a college degree which took her five schools and nine and a half years to complete at night while working full time.  I am very proud of her accomplishments.

I never went to college.  I tested for a scholarship to art school, but didn't get it.  They accepted my application, but I couldn't afford the tuition and the cost of commuting.

Our daughters will be the first in my immediate family to graduate from college so it's going to be very emotional when they take their walk across the stage.

The fact that they are both excelling at things that they love makes me want to leap for joy.  I am thrilled that they have both found interests that they are passionate about at such a young age.

I still don't know what I want to be (if) when I grow up.

Life is good.


.

No comments: