Wednesday, July 2, 2014

2014-06-28 - Saturday - Furniture

Saturday I tackled the large box of furniture that has been patiently waiting in the garage.  It was a HUGE box which contained a couch, two chairs, and a coffee table.  Of course, the couch and table had to be assembled...  The assembly was a bit frustrating but everything worked with a bit of patience and planning.

The chairs are swivel/gliders and have a really ingenious mechanism under them to accomplish this feat.  They're also very comfortable.

I ended up working on the couch in the garage during the hottest part of a very humid day so when it was time to assemble the coffee table I brought it into the porch.  I closed the windows, opened the sliding door into the air conditioned den and turned on the ceiling fans.  I was pleased to find out that the porch holds the cooler air from the house very nicely.  It was actually pleasant out there and I took advantage of it to assemble another table.

The first thing we bought for the porch was a large table and six chairs at BJ's Wholesale Club.  I'll have to get a photo of that set on here soon.  While we were there we also purchased a side table and utility cart that both matched the main table.  I assembled the side table on Saturday which leaves only the cart left to do.

Large box?  That's my razor knife on top for scale.

A bit of color.

The side table.



.

No comments: