Monday, February 24, 2014

2014-02-22 - Saturday - Big studio afternoon and lollipops

Saturday afternoon I went to Clayworks to try to get back into a comfortable place with my pots as I've been really dissatisfied with my throwing lately.

It turned out to be a good day and I made a lot of things in about five hours.  We've got a gas firing coming up at the studio and I'm also trying to get pots ready for a wood firing on March 15.

I may remove the handles on the basket pot since I'm not thrilled with them.  Josh DeWeese showed us how he makes some wild handles and I wanted to give it a try.  Needless to say, mine aren't anywhere near the level of Josh's.  I may have to spend time just pulling random handles to get more comfortable with it before attempting it again.



Busy, busy, busy.

Stephanie came home from school for a long weekend and it's always great to have her here.  She's an adventurous eater and really appreciates her food which makes it more fun to cook when she's home.

Unfortunately she's on a very restricted diet since she's allergic to corn and soy (just try to find things in the supermarket with no corn or soy in them!) and she's always thrilled when she finds something she likes that is within her parameters.

A friend of ours gave her some pomegranate lollipops and since she loves pomegranates and can't eat most lollipops (lots of corn syrup) she was thrilled.  At twenty-one she has re-established her relationship with lollipops.

It's the (seemingly) little things.

Stephanie really likes these
pomegranate lollipops.



.

No comments: