Monday, February 10, 2014

2014-02-02 - Sunday - Josh DeWeese workshop

Day two of the Josh DeWeese workshop was another inspiring session.  He finished several pieces that he started on Saturday.  One of them was formed from two pieces, each made from 25 lbs of clay.  It was a wonderful pot and I was amazed by the way he finished it.

Josh is a very talented potter and a really nice guy.  I thank him for a truly inspirational workshop and I can't wait to try some of the ideas he gave me.  My work can only get better by adding some of his ideas to my own aesthetic.

Throwing a mug.

Stretching a large pot.

Now with handles.

A photo of Josh with his friend Larry's mug.
Larry runs a mug lending library.  He lends
them out for a week and asks that people
post a photo on Facebook.

My view from behind the camera and projector.



After the workshop I made some bowls for the
Cleveland County Arts Council's Bowling for Dollars
event for arts education.


.

No comments: