Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009-12-26 Saturday - Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden

Saturday evening we took a stroll around the grounds of Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden.  They have decorated the gardens with Christmas lights and it was very beautiful.  My pictures don't do it justice since I didn't think about bringing my tripod and most of the long exposure shots are blurry.  If you get the chance, check it out.  The lights will be on until December 31.



Driving in the entrance road.



Stephanie and Meredith out front.



Some of the innovative lighting.



These arbors were beautiful.



The whole walkway.



It was comforting to have the military close by.



Reflecting pool and fountain.



Carriage rides pulled by big percherons.



Rose lights.



"Karen and John sittin' in a tree..."
Ok, it was a tree at some point.



The orchid tree.



Kids cutting up...



... and right...



... and I should've left.




Beautiful "trees" at the pond on the drive (in the dark).





After enjoying the lights we went to a
Chinese buffet restaurant and this is my fortune.
We've noticed that fortune cookie fortunes
are not what they used to be.

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

What a wonderful place to spend the evening, that last photograph needs to be framed - it is spectacular, I just love it; so nice to see you and your family having a relaxing time.

lunardancer said...

Even in the absence of a tripod, you still managed to show off the beauty of these splendid light displays. I especially like the lighted trees with their reflections on the water. the dark background that is the night itself made it really a striking sight to behold. Beautiful.

jbf said...

Linda-
Thanks. It was a striking scene so I stopped the car and took several to make sure I had a good one to keep.

You've got to slow down and enjoy your time on this earth, even if only for small amounts at a time.

lunardancer-
Thanks, it caught me right away. I love the sense of solitude and peace it conveys.