Sunday, July 20, 2008

Driving, driving, driving

We drove to the New Jersey shore on Saturday for our annual pilgrimage.

We left at 4:30 pm Saturday and arrived at 3:30 am on Sunday --what a fun drive!

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining since I love going to the shore with my in-laws. They are a great group of people and they really make me feel like part of the family. We all went to Yellowstone last year and then two weeks later we went to the shore. We have to go to the shore every year just like migratory birds. I like being at the shore, but I don't always like the trip. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending the time with my family --it's just a really long drive. The bottom line is that we are here until Friday night and I'm glad to be here.

Today there was fog just beyond the breakers all day (I was told about it. Since my foot is STILL not healed, I am staying away from the water) and it rolled into the street in the late afternoon.


It was weird after sunset since you could see great bursts of the water vapor blowing past the street lights but it didn't really feel as damp as it looked.

I worked my foot a bit too hard at Sam's Club when we picked up groceries for the week, so tonight when everyone wanted to go shopping on the boardwalk I volunteered to drop a carload (there are ten of us) off to save parking fees.

On to Uncle Bill's Pancake House in the morning for some great breakfast!

I'll post more as I (hopefully) get out and do things this week.

No comments: