Saturday, January 14, 2017

2017-01-07 - Saturday - Snow, no show

While the meteorologists were calling for 4-7 inches of snow, we ended up with 1/4 inch of ice and 1/4 inch of snow. The best part was that the roads all melted by midday and everything was clear and dry.

I wonder what people are going to do with all that food they bought. I know the supermarkets' profits are off to a great start for 2017.

At least it was pretty.


No shoveling required.

I can't even break through the underlying ice.


Ice still clinging to the branches.

Snowy lichen.


Christmas Eve I stopped by Clayworks to drop off some supplies and found that someone had left me a small gift bag of Dove dark chocolate candies on my shelf. When we left for Pennsylvania on Monday I looped one of the handles over my gear shift to make it a handy snack during the drive. I still have one left.

Thank you whoever gave me the candy, it's been a great treat and I have savored each one.

Handy candy.



.

No comments: