Thursday, January 12, 2017

2017-01-01 - Sunday - Happy New Year!

Some thoughts about this blog going into 2017.

This is my 1396th post since I started this blog in 2008. How did I ever find the time to make 1396 posts? Who would have thought it would live this long? It's become a part of my everyday life and a way to document it. It's also a way to stay connected to the friends and family who read it.

Here's the email I sent out to friends and family about it on 6/20/2008:
I apologize in advance if I've already told you, but I finally started a blog.  No, I'm not too old --apparently there's no age limit.  :^)

A lot of folks I know are blogging (you can see a lot of their blogs listed on mine), so I thought I would give it a try.  It's just another way to keep in touch in the '00s.

I hope I can make it interesting.

http://jbftimes.blogspot.com
Thanks,

jbf 
At 1396 posts over 9 years, that's 155 posts per year, or about 13 per month (rounded). Who knew?

Here's to almost nine years of blogging and still not knowing what I'm on about.

On to 2017...

I hope it's interesting.


On Sunday we loaded up the van and drove back to Charlotte. Funny, the van is always more full on the way home.

It was a nice drive especially now that I installed my auxiliary port and I could listen to my iPod during the trip.

Loaded for bear.


When we got home we picked up some take out food and I received the most appropriate fortune I've ever seen. It struck home since I've been in the "field of computer technology" since 1979.

Yes, 38 years and still enjoying it.

So far.

Fortune after the fact.


.

No comments: