Sunday, August 23, 2015

2015-08-06 - Thursday - Hawk and glazing

On Thursday this hawk was hanging out on the streetlight across the street. It was large hawk as hawks go. There's plenty of prey for them with all the squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, and smaller birds that live here.




I started glazing at 8:30 pm and didn't finish until 2:30 am. It was a long haul and I still didn't get everything done that I wanted to accomplish. Glazing takes a long time. Layers and layers.




On my way home at 3:00 am I was pulled over by a police officer because one of my headlights was burned out. I had purchased the new bulb, but hadn't taken the time to pull the front of the van apart yet as it's a pain-in-the-butt job. I also didn't have my new registration sticker on my license plate yet, but it and the registration were in my console which is a small, freestanding shelf.

Unfortunately, when I looked for the registration I couldn't find it in my console tray so I guessed it must have fallen on the floor. I reached under the console shelf feeling around for that small slip of paper.

When I sat back up I realized the officer was looking in my back window with a flashlight and he asked me, "Sir, did you just shove something under your seat?".

I assured him that I was looking for my registration and he went back to his squad car with my license to check the computer. I then realized for the first time that what had just happened was one of the dumbest things I had ever done. That situation could have gotten crazy very quickly.

Hands on the wheel when the officer walks up? No, make it look like I'm either shoving drugs under the seat or reaching for my gun. Either way it's not going to end well for me. Duh. Thank goodness he was a calm person.

He checked my record and let me go. I promised him that I would take care of the headlight the next day, and I did.

Sometimes I do think I live a charmed life.

.

No comments: