Sunday, September 26, 2010

2010-09-17 Friday - Around town

Catching up again.  Life has been coming at me too quickly to keep up here, but I'll try to catch up and stay there.

Friday night I went back to Gallery 360 for Greg Scott's opening.  It was a good time, many Clayworks people came to lend support and he made some sales.  I didn't take any pictures this time as I took a lot on my last visit and I didn't bring my camera.

After the opening, a bunch of us went to the Double Door to see Gigi Dover and the Big Love for their CD release party for "The Avocado Sessions".  It was a blast and the band was dead on.  They played the songs from their new album and did a great cover of Ode to Billy Joe with a sitar.  I'll never listen to that song the same way again.

Another reason to see the band is that my friend Kim's son Andrew plays percussion for them.  Andrew was great and he danced the whole time he was playing the congas, kettle drum, tambourine, and several instruments I'm not sure what to call.


Gigi and Eric.


Gigi Dover.


Eric Lovell playing sitar.


Andrew Marcadis.


Andrew having fun.


Fred and Becky.


Me and Cary.


Me and Gigi.

.

No comments: