Sunday, August 30, 2009

2009-08-29 Saturday - Clayworks

Went into Clayworks on Saturday to finish up my glazing for the cone 10 kiln firing that was slated for Sunday night. The usual Saturday crew was there and it was fun catching up with everyone. In between glaze layers I did some hand-building with slabs in earthen red to pass the time.

Robin, Cindy, and Becky.


Turns out the kiln firing has been postponed since there is not enough student work. We will try again for September 13th. The hardest part will be staying away from the studio until September 16th when classes start. It feels like an eternity. Maybe I need to start knitting.

5 comments:

Linda Starr said...

I'm missing my class too and I won't be taking it this semester, but handbuilding keeps me busy. You have some beautiful pots on your website.

jbf said...

Thanks! From your writings of late, you've got more than handbuilding to keep you busy. Good luck on the sale.

Amy said...

yes.. I too am really missing being at the wheel. I've gone running more instead. Good to know when the next gas kiln firing is... I had asked Julie and she said it would be awhile, so when I first read your blog, I thought I might have new pieces done. Guess not. peace~

Angela said...

I saved all my glazing so I would be able to be in the studio during this time off which is usually torture. Plus I've helped Julie with a couple of projects. Torture, it's torture I'm telling you. Clay is what keeps me sane, relatively speaking.....well and the meds.

jbf said...

I'm with ya'! I think I'm going to try some handbuilding at home. Good luck!