Late Friday afternoon I went to Clayworks to help unload the gas kiln. I had several pieces in this firing dating all the way back to the beginning of December. I was pleased with most of it, but one pot stuck to the shelf very badly. Here is the whole batch and a few photos of some of my favorites.
And then there was the problem child. I don't know why this pot ran as I have used this yellow glaze on several pots in this firing without a problem. The glaze ran so badly that it melted into the shelf.
|I had to break it off the shelf.|
|The bottom shows how firmly it was stuck.|
|The part that was left on the shelf.|