Sunday, May 18, 2014

2014-05-10 - Saturday - Pottery Festival and Knights game

Saturday I set up my booth at the Clay Matters Spring Pottery Festival.  I decided not to use my tent since the greatest chance of rain was going to be late in the afternoon and I thought that either we'd miss it or I would have a wet tent right at the end of the show.

I had a good day with fairly steady sales until the heavens opened up at around 2:30 pm.  It rained for 15-20 minutes and then it cleared again and we thought we were out of the woods.  It started raining again in squall bands from around 3:30 until almost 5:00 pm.  Needless to say, we were all soaked by the end.

I'd like to give a special thank you to the two women who purchased a raku pot from me in the middle of the downpour at about 3:40.  I had already packed up most of my pots, but they found one they liked and we carried out the transaction in the middle of the monsoon with no cover.  It was a surreal moment of soaked money, wrapping a pot with wet newspaper, and other than occasionally wiping water from our eyes you'd never have known it was raining.

Pottery enthusiasts are not afraid of a little bit of rain and I'm just glad I don't sell water colors.



After packing up and hurrying home I grabbed a quick shower and we left for the Knights game.  The credit union where Karen works was sponsoring a get-together at the stadium for the employees and it was a chance to see the new stadium.

Unfortunately I was pretty tired and the game was a yawner, with the Knights way behind early.  I was having trouble keeping my eyes open so we left early.







.
.

No comments: