Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 12 - Saturday CCM Pottery Festival

Saturday was the Carolina Clay Matters Fall Pottery Festival.  We had 66 potters attending in 60 booths.  One of the great things about this group is that even with so many participants it's hard to find two people making the same thing.

Since there was no call for rain I decided not to use my tent.  My glazes look much better in the sunlight and I wanted to show them off to best advantage.

There were a lot of customers and I had many nice conversations.  Oh, and I sold quite a few pots.

My friend Edson took lots of good photos and I've included them here.  I have no idea I'm making these faces when talking to people.  He's got quite the eye for a good photo.  Thanks Edson.

One wing of the booths.

My booth.

This pot found a new home.
Courtesy of Edson Scudder.

Happy guy.
Courtesy of Edson Scudder.

Clay profile.
Courtesy of Edson Scudder.

Smug garden gnome.
Courtesy of Edson Scudder.

Strange potter.
Courtesy of Edson Scudder.

Glaze detail of smug garden gnome.
Courtesy of Edson Scudder.

Study in black and white.
Courtesy of Edson Scudder.


.

No comments: