Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 4 - Pete, pipes, and flowers

I almost forgot about this post, that's why it's out of date order.

My buddy Pete called to tell me he was heading through town on business and we made plans to meet for lunch.  Pete and his wife Annie used to live here, but moved to Florida so we don't get to see them very often.  We went to Ru San's for the sushi buffet and weren't disappointed.  I took a two-hour lunch that day and Pete and I caught each other up on our lives.  It was great seeing him.

Later I went to the supermarket to pick up some groceries and was once again frustrated by the construction going on there.  They have torn up the whole middle of the parking lot directly in front of the store to install corrugated pipes that are large enough for me to stand inside.  They are creating a huge cistern-like storm water reclamation area under the parking lot.

That's all well and good, but they have blocked up the whole middle of the parking lot.  To make matters worse, they have closed off the left and middle doors and created a new door on the far right due to construction on the front of the building.  This means that we have to park on the far left in cramped parking spaces and hike to the far side of the store to use the new entrance.  Not the best planning if you ask me (although nobody did...).  I've decided I am going to a different branch until this one is finished.

My mood lightened again when I returned home and saw that our day lily was blooming.  I really like this plant, but it's got such a short time to bloom in the spring you have to work at seeing it.

Pete.

A mess.

A beauty.



.

No comments: