I put some wonky handles and decorative banding on the two phoenix pieces destined for raku and I'm planning on slipping them before the bisque to start with a white canvas.
I carved the big phoenix "castle" pot to remove some of the weight from the bottom third and also add some visual interest and remove some of the rigidness from it.
I made two pots from recycled clay and had fun playing with them, putting four accent handles on one of them. I have some interesting plans for the glazing on those.
The last pot I made has a simple form. It is made with craggy crunch and I wedged vermiculite into the clay before I started. It's destined for the raku kiln and while I want the pot to be blackened with carbon, the vermiculite should add some gold highlights. We shall see. In the meantime I have something to add to that pot in the near future.
It's all about the process...
|Mess 'o pots.|
|Two decorated pots and one pleasantly wonky one.|
|One traditional, one wonky, and one simple.|
|As if the craggy crunch wasn't rough enough,|
the vermiculite adds more.