Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Saturday - Autumn on Main in Mount Holly

Saturday Elaine and I shared a booth at the Autumn on Main Festival in Mount Holly.  It started out with a quick drizzle and then the sun came out for the rest of the day.  This is a nice festival and I would recommend a trip to Mount Holly next year to check it out.

There were several musical acts during the day, but the last one is one of my favorites.  The Overmountain Men came on at 3:00 pm and played a wide range of work.  It was a good set and I'm glad I got to hear them live.

I took several photos of the band playing and switched to black and white and then some sepia.  I enjoy monochromatic portraits since it takes the color out of the equation and makes me concentrate on the features and contours.

Elaine.

My shelves.

Me.

Please visit the Catawba River Artisans gallery.
You WON'T be disappointed.

My lizard pot.

Walking sticks.

The Overmountain Men.

Local front man, David Childers.







.

No comments: