Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010-02-12 Friday - Snow!

It was a quiet evening with snow falling outside.  It's a curious thing about snow:  the more furiously it falls the quieter it is.  It snowed well into the early morning hours and we got about 4-5 inches before I gave up and went to bed.  It's nice to get a little bit of snow in the winter and at least on a Friday night most people don't have to deal with getting to work in the morning.  It was peaceful and fun to watch it fall.

I'm still a kid at heart, especially when it comes to snow.  I can remember staring at the streetlights trying to will it to snow until my watery, unblinking eyes showed me falling snow that wasn't really there.  I think of those nights at the window every time it snows.  I check the windows more frequently than my kids do.  It's just magical.

 

  

  
The first daffodils of spring are coming up despite the snow.


  

  

  

  

  


Later in the morning...