Monday, September 25, 2017

2017-08-17 - Thursday - Buildings and fawns

Thursday I was working in Rhodhiss and stopped off in Lincolnton for something to eat. While I was there I thought I would see what was happening at a now-closed company that I worked with for many years.

I was shocked to find the buildings gone when I arrived. There was once a dye house and a large warehouse on the spot where there is now just a slab of concrete. I sat for a moment and thought about all the lives that passed through those buildings and it gave me pause.



Later I noticed some fawns in the back yard. As much as I hate the damage the deer do to our yard, I loved watching the fawns. They are just so beautiful.

From the kitchen window.

Settling down.

From the dining room window I noticed that there were two of them.

Here's a short video of them waiting for sunset. I dare you not to "Awww...".




.

No comments: