Monday, September 11, 2017

2017-08-04 - Friday - Goodyear Arts closing opening

Friday I took the light rail downtown to attend the opening marking the closing of the current Goodyear Arts building. The artists will be moving to Camp North End soon since they are losing access to the current building.

My friend Grace Stott is one of the artists and since I have missed several openings I thought I at least needed to attend the last show. Grace did her largest project to date and her first mural so I had to go see it.

While I was way out of my comfort zone, I'm glad I went.

There were many installations inside and some great murals on the exterior. It was crowded and hot and interesting.

Grace's mural.

Inside, it was crowded and hot.


"Things to do in the belly of the whale".





.

No comments: