Friday, October 28, 2016

2016-09-26 - Monday - Too many Cheezits

I understand that I am an old curmudgeon, but I really don't understand the need for all these variations in products we have loved for years. I recently mentioned the crazy Oreo flavors. Now they have gone way too far with Cheez-Its.

I have been eating Cheez-Its since I was a child and regular Cheez-It flavor has been fine for me for fifty years now and I'm not going to start changing at this point.

Why all the Cheez-Its?

Here are the current iterations from Wikipedia:

There are a variety of related Cheez-It products, including
  • Baby Swiss
  • Cheddar Cheese Grooves
  • Cheddar Jack
  • Cheez-It Big (a larger cracker more suitable for garnishing or dipping)
  • Chipotle Cheddar
  • Colby
  • Duoz Sharp Cheddar & Parmesan
  • Extra Toasty
  • Hot & Spicy (made with Tabasco)
  • Hot and Spicy Grooves
  • Italian Four Cheese
  • Mozzarella
  • Pepper Jack
  • Provolone (With Real Hickory Smoke Flavor Added)
  • Reduced Fat
  • Reduced Fat White Cheddar
  • Toasty
  • Scrabble Junior
  • Sharp White Cheddar Grooves
  • Snack Mix
  • Snack Mix Double Cheese
  • White cheddar
  • Whole Grain
  • Zesty Cheddar Ranch Grooves
...and these were already discontinued:
  • Parmesan & Garlic
  • Asiago
  • Chili Cheese
  • Romano
Too many Cheez-Its.


.

No comments: